Tips for Staying Healthy While Traveling
January 12, 2012 § 2 Comments
Before you go
1. Make sure to get plenty of sleep the night before you travel.
On Your Way
Airports and Airplanes are areas of high traffic where it is easy to pick up a bug
1. Make sure to wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
2. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
3. Wipe down your tray table and entertainment controller on the plane
4. Use a paper towel or toilet paper to touch surfaces in the airplane bathroom.
5. Put items only in the top of the seat back storage area.
6. Wash your before putting anything in your mouth.
When You Arrive
1. Drink bottled water only – Do not drink tap water.
2. Use bottled water to brush your teeth.
3. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
4. Do not eat food from street vendors.
5. Do not drink beverages with ice.
6. Do not consume dairy products unless you know they have been pasteurized.
7. Eat only thoroughly cooked food or fruits and vegetables you have peeled yourself. Remember: boil it, cook it, peel it, or forget it!
8. Carry a small bottle of hand sanitizing gel for situations where you can not wash your hands.
9. To prevent fungal and parasitic infections, keep feet clean and dry, and do not go barefoot.
10. Get plenty of sleep.
These simple tips can help you stay healthy and make the most of your vacation.